Anyway, i aced it, and i can dedicate slightly more time to blogging :)
So i was at the hair salon earlier this week, to get them dyed and trimmed. I dye my hair way too much. The color of it changes more than the shape of my eyebrows... I can't really remember my natural hair colour. It has been strawberry blond, bright red, aubergine, brown, mahagony..... I can go on for a while actually..... So i decided to make it nice and natural now, i came out chocollaty brown. It's so different from what i've had.
So i'm in my hairdressers chair, we're chatting and she says to me, that she noticed that i am a lot thinner than i were (thanks, but that's not a compliment for me) and that i have alot of new baby hair growing (yay). I never really noticed that. But when i came home and analyzed my head i realised that she was right. I started thinking what made my scalp wanting to grow some new fellas, and i realised that i've been doing some stuff different recently that may have resulted it. Also, there are some things that can prevent hair you allready have loss. So there they all are:
- First of all - i minimized my caffeine intakes. I wanted to cut it off all the way, but i'm a grad student which stays up all night long studying, so this is impossible. I drink 1 cup of coffee per week max on the most stressfull nights. Bur Mr. Caffeine is bad guy.
- I don't drink sodas anymore too. Just plain water or milk. Lots of plain water btw.
- Instead of washing my hair every single day i do it every second day. I used to wash them every single day for like a year. Due to the lack of time i do it every 2nd day and my hair got used to that, and doesn't produce that much oils anymore. And it's healthier to your scalp.
- When my hair is wet, I brush them with wide tooth comb. So they won't get pulled out. Wet hair are extremely damagable.
- I've red somewhere, that if you put conditioner on your scalp and your roots it makes it go greasear alot more fast, so i usually would just put it on the ends and the middle part of my hair lenghtwise. But i started to rub it on my scalp too, cause i've bought this ecological conditioner and it said that you should do that, and guess what? I didn't noticed that my hair getting greasier.
- Brush your hair carefully.Right before brushing, use your fingers to gently comb through your hair. And when you brush, start at the ends, and hold the strand that you're brushing with your other hand so that if you pull on the hair with a brush, you don't pull on the root (you pull from the grip of your hand instead).
Each hair on your head grows for 2-5 years, slows down for about six weeks, and rests for 3-5 months before falling out so a new hair can grow in its place. Normally, 15% of your hair is at the resting phase, but a sudden change in nutrition can cause some hair follicles in the growing phase to switch into the resting phase prematurely, possibly raising the percentage to more than 30%.
And you can have naturally beautiful hair, just take care of them :)