Recently i've bought this gorgeous pair of boots, it fits perfectly except for the calf part. Right below then knee, you can see how they are loose. I would see some girls also having the same problem, but what you gonna do about it??
- If you are brave enough to trust your boots to cobbler/shoemaker, you can do so, depending on what material the shoes are made of (leather, suede etc...) he can take them in. But I would be very cautious about the qualification of the cobbler dude. There is a high possibility of ruining shoes if done wrong...
- There are brands/shops that make custom fitted stuff, as well as boots. My favourite - duoboots.com They do loads of different calf sizes, you just measure and they make them to fit you. they are a little more expensive than your average high street boots but they are good quality, and they will actually fit so are likely to last you a good few years.
- Stretchy Boots Stretch boots allow you ample room and cater to your leg size. If you have huge calves, however, these might be a little uncomfortable for you. Also, if you go with the elastic ones, beware of the cheap feeling ones. The elastic tends to wear out and then you’re back at square one!
- Lace-Up Boots Lace-up boots are like corsets for your legs. This is my personal favorite solution since it allows you to adjust the boot shaft every inch of the way and still have that sexy appeal.
- Boots with Buckles Buckle boots are great for adjusting the boot shaft and still adding that little bit of embellishment. They are less combersome than the lace-up alternative and maybe look classier than the stretch boots.
- Ugg Boots or EMU Boots You can also go for a boot that is less form fitting like UGG boots and EMU boots. Plus, they have a lot of cushioning inside to help make the boot fit a little better.
And the idea that has been eating me alive recently - why don't i just buy a pair of legwarmers or thicker overknee stockings?? It would fill up the gaps in
the boot and look uber trendy!
Any more suggestions tips or tricks?
Or maybe opinions? Let's discuss it!
Disclaimer: i did not received any money to promote any of the brands or websites in this post. It is just my personal experience and i wanted to share it with people who might have the same problem. :)